this store links to the homepage of MANAFEST VISION MEDIA LLC

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Happy Birthday J-Dilla

Happy Birthday Dilla...and R.I.P Teddy Pendergrass

I came to Japan early January and the Tokyo hustle is sooo busy it's difficult to write and share everything..thus this delayed post... BUT ...let me say...there is So much I owe to Dilla, it's the reason my music is the way it is. After being exposed to "Raise it up" on MTV... shortly after the video ends... you get a snippet of "Players"

That alone got me on my SV grind back in early 2000 and I found Fantastic Vol 2 way out in Huntington Long Island. In regards to Teddy..shoot.. the music speaks for itself..such a beautiful voice and style! I have some music in this post that is a mash up of a Teddy Sample and me zoning out trying to keep it simple the way Jay Dilla did... I made this beat back in 2005...it's called untitled2010..LISTEN TO IT HERE

I Heart Dilla showed love to Dilla and more... check it out!!!!





"J Dilla exemplifies what it means to trail blaze, stay in your own lane, do not what they want you to do but do your own damn thang. Dilla wasn't just digging for soul sh*t he was out the box digging through all genres. As a young producer listening trying to figure out where he sampled stuff how he created patterns I too got inspired to digg outside the box and that is the reason why my music is the way it is today. Thanks to Dilla. For him to be able to play live instruments is also inspiring. His drums patterns...totally out of this world. A lot of Dilla's drums had a different kind of soul and blackness to it to where you knew it was just special, and because it sounded so unique you had no choice but to be a fan and "Fall In Looooove..." with the music! J Dilla Changed My Life!!!

– MeccaGodZilla, emcee/producer"





Here's an album you can use to fuel your commute, workouts, and more...

No comments: